Yes, life is full of surprises (a few awards lately – thank you, readers!) and I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Suraiya. The way she knows exactly how to create those filigree masterpieces of poetry is amazing. Thank you, my dear Suraiya!
With accepting the award there are certain rules to be followed:
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Answer 11 questions
3. Nominate 11 bloggers for the Liebster Blog Award and let them know they have been nominated
Here it is…almost like an interview:
1. The book that changed your life: I did some serious thinking on this one and decided it would be just fair to go with my first “ABC book” because after that one…the whole wide world of books was open. And there are so many of them that have changed my life bit by bit.
2. Your favourite author/writer: I won’ t call them “favourites” but there’ re a couple of writers whose books have always been (are) a pleasant discovery for me. With Gabriel García Márquez, Khaled Hosseini, Alessandro Baricco, Kahlil Gibran, Jhumpa Lahiri among them.
3. Your pet and its name: You know what people say…about dogs having owners and cats having staff… I am that “staff” – for Tibeta.
4. The craziest thing you have done: I think I would have to mention my decision to study Sinology (that has very little to do with sins) and my work as a DJ/radio host. Not sure which one was more crazy back then.
5. Your best friend: Love Of My Life – the Highlander with the Orient in his heart.
6. A childhood prank: Once I escaped kindergarten without warning anyone – I simply wanted to be at home very much. Came as a surprise or more precisely – like a shock. For all the adults around.
7. Favourite musician: Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner. Doesn’ t ring a bell? He is also known as Sting.
8. A place you would love to visit: There are so many but the most – the Middle East, South America and Central Asia.
9. If you had just 5 minutes left to live what is the one thing you would do? Hmm, would I know those are my last ones or not? Live it with a look back, no matter where life would have taken me. And most probably wish secretly there was a touch more time.
10. Favourite sport: Rugby.
11. How do you define love? The essence of life.
Tsk, tsk…the difficult part is done. And I am happy to announce my NOMINEES for the LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD: